For the meatballs:
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 3/4 Tbsp Pain is Good Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp Mad Dog 357 Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp low sodium Soy sauce
- 3 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 minced green onion (white part only)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- luke warm water if needed to moisten
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
For the Sriracha Teriyaki:
- 1/2 cup low sodium Soy sauce
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp water, divided
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 11/2 Tbsp Pain is Good Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Mad Dog 357 Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 21/2 tsp corn starch
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
Serve with rice
For the meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey meat, garlic, egg, cilantro, Sriracha, soy, ginger, green onion, pepper and panko. Add water if too dry.
- Roll into meatballs (the size is up to you)
- Fry meatballs in batches in hot oil. 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Place semi-cooked meatballs on prepared baking sheet. Once all the meatballs have been pan fried, place the baking sheet in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- While the meatballs bake, make your Sriracha Teriyaki.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the soy sauce, honey, 1/2 cup of the water, sesame oil, Sriracha sauce and ginger. Heat over medium heat and stir constantly until the honey is dissolved.
- In a small dish, combine corn starch with remaining 3 Tbsp of water, then pour into sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook the sauce stirring constantly, just until thickened. Once it is thickened, add meatballs. Stir in sesame seeds.
- Enjoy over rice.